Vancouver, BC CANADA - July 16, 2022 - Artists for Conservation is pleased to announce that AFC Signature Member, Sarah McComb-Turbitt's painting "First Breath" depicting a mother and calf Humpback Whale, has been selected for the cover of the 2022 AFC Environmental Calendar. In addition to highlighting statutory and religious holidays, the calendar also uniquely highlights a wide range of international environmental-themed days and weeks. The annual calendar is published on sustainably forested paper, as a companion to the 15th annual AFC Exhibit, showing in Vancouver, BC September 22-25.
Several of the original artworks in the calendar will be on display and available for purchase with 40% of the proceeds supporting AFC and conservation organizations around the world.
The calendar also features images of twelve artwork selected from the 2022 AFC Exhibit and virtual show. Many of which will be on display in the exhibit at the 2022 AFC Festival.
Other artists in the calendar include:
- Stephen Jesic (USA) | Acrylic painting of a Regent Honeyeater titled "Regent's Delight"
- Donna Wilson (Canada) | Bronze sculpture of a Polar Bear and seal titled "Face Off"
- Guy Harvey (Cayman Islands) | Acrylic painting of manatees and other marine life titled "Mangrove Refuge"
- Sailev (France) | Oil painting of flora and fauna of Bohol island in Philippines titled "Mandala of Bohol"
- David Kitler (Canada) | Acrylic painting of Olive Ridley Sea Turtles titled "The Got-Aways"
- Harro Maass (Germany) | Acrylic painting of Manta rays, titled "Kona Mantas"
- Douglass Lockyer (New Zealand) | Watercolor of an African Chimpanzee titled "Roy, the Ol Pejeta Chimpanzee"
- Bruce Lawes (Canada) | Oil painting of African lions titled "Pair of Kings"
- Nathalie Parker (Australia) | Acrylic painting of Koala and Wanderer Butterfly titled "Sweet Things"
- Lynn Stephenson (USA) | Colored pencil painting of milkweed and insects titled "Small Things Matter"
- Gordon Pembridge (New Zealand) | Oil painting of Guinea Fowl titled "Dappled Respite"
- Martin Ridley (UK) | Oil painting of red foxes titled "Winter Sun, Red Foxes"
The AFC 2023 Environmental Calendar is perfect for keeping track of all international public and important environmental-themed dates. Each month is represented by a select work from this year's Art of Conservation Exhibit.
Artists for Conservation
Artists for Conservation (AFC) is the world's leading group of artists supporting the environment. Founded in 1997, the non-profit organization comprises a membership of 500 of the world's most gifted nature artists from 27 countries, across five continents. Dedicated to nurture, promote and leverage its world-class community of artists in support of our natural world, AFC drives its mission through three key programs: Art & Environmental Education; Field Work & Research; and Artist Development. The Artists for Conservation Festival is AFC's annual flagship initiative to showcase, support and further these programs.