THEIR MISSION AND PURPOSE
They work tirelessly to ensure that all wild animals, whether living in captivity or in the wild, are treated with compassion and respect and are able to live their lives according to their needs.
As a leading wildlife charity, they oppose the exploitation of wild animals in captivity and campaign to keep them where they belong - in the wild.
They promote Compassionate Conservation to enhance the survival of threatened species in the wild and protect natural habitats while respecting the needs and safeguarding the welfare of individual animals.
They seek to have a positive impact on animals in the wild and protect their ecosystems in perpetuity, for their own intrinsic value and for the critical roles they play within the natural world.
NINE WORKING PRIORITIES
1. Captive Wild Animal Exploitation - working to stop captive animal suffering, challenging the captive animal industry and phase out zoos.
2. Trophy & Canneds Hunting - striving to eliminate trophy and canned hunting by exposing its fundamental immorality and demonstrating alternative solutions.
3. Wildlife Trade - fighting to end the illegal wildlife trade, with particular focus on tackling the trade in ivory, lions, cheetah, pangolins and trade in live animals and other animal parts.
4. Rescue, Care, Rehab & Release - getting involved in the rescue and rehabilitation of countless individual animals, saving them from a life of suffering in captivity.
5. Human/Wildlife Co-Existence & Conservation - protecting threatened species and their natural habitats and finding Compassionate Conservation solutions so that people and wildlife can live together.
6. Integrated Wildlife Protection - developing an integrated wildlife protection model, with particular emphasis on wildlife law-enforcement and community engagement.
7. Transboundary Programmes - working to protect habitats and threatened species, focusing initially in West Africa.
8. UK Wildlife Protection - protecting UK wildlife by engaging in issues including policy, captive welfare standards and public education and engagement.
9. Inform, Inspire, Engage - providing educational activities that inspire people, young and old, to respect wildlife and natural habitats.