Artists for Conservation is a Canadian based international non-profit. AFC represents approximately 500 artists from 30 countries,in the nature/wildlife art genre, who are committed to conservation. Many of the world's most recognized names in the field are actively involved.
AFC's Vision is to lead a global artistic movement that inspires individuals and organizations to preserve and sustain our natural heritage by uniting the talent and passion of the world’s most gifted nature artists.
Through festivals, exhibits, collaborative art projects, art-science expeditions, awards, publications, films and leading online initiatives, we engage, inspire and inform the public, and empower passionate professional artists as effective ambassadors for the environment.
Our mission is to support wildlife and habitat conservation and environmental education through art that celebrates nature.
We dedicate our resources to nurturing our world-class community of artists, and leveraging this unique pool of talent to support our mission through a variety of programs and initiatives, including:
- Engage and educate individuals and organizations through artistic expression to convey the importance and urgency of sustaining our natural heritage;
- Maintain the world's largest gallery of nature inspired art and leading online initiatives in support of conservation;
- Support art-science field research expeditions to study endangered species and threatened habitats;
- Produce art exhibitions, special events, education workshops and publications in support of conservation;
- Facilitate member art sales to raise funds for conservation;
- Recognize artists and other individuals and organizations for their commitments and actions in support of conservation;
- Partner with conservation and value-aligned organizations for special projects, events and expeditions.