The Artists for Conservation Group (AFC) is a Canadian based non-profit representing approximately 500 artists from over 30 countries,in the nature/wildlife art genre, who are committed to conservation. Many of the world's most recognized names in the field are actively involved.
AFC's Vision is to lead a global artistic movement that inspires individuals and organizations to preserve and sustain our natural heritage by uniting the talent and passion of the world’s most gifted nature artists.
Through festivals, exhibits, collaborative art projects, art-science expeditions, awards, publications, films and leading online initiatives, we engage, inspire and inform the public, and empower passionate professional artists as effective ambassadors for the environment.
Our mission is to support wildlife and habitat conservation and environmental education through art that celebrates nature.
We dedicate our resources to nurturing our world-class community of artists, and leveraging this unique pool of talent to support our mission through a variety of programs and initiatives, including:
- Engage and educate individuals and organizations through artistic expression to convey the importance and urgency of sustaining our natural heritage;
- Maintain the world's largest gallery of nature inspired art and leading online initiatives in support of conservation;
- Support art-science field research expeditions to study endangered species and threatened habitats;
- Produce art exhibitions, special events, education workshops and publications in support of conservation;
- Facilitate member art sales to raise funds for conservation;
- Recognize artists and other individuals and organizations for their commitments and actions in support of conservation;
- Partner with conservation and value-aligned organizations for special projects, events and expeditions.
Artists for Conservation International Foundation
Artists for Conservation International Foundation (AFCIF) was established as a separate entity in 2006 with a primary purpose to govern and operate the Artists for Conservation Festival, held annually in BC's Lower Mainland. Artists for Conservation International Foundation (AFCIF) - a federally incorporated Canadian-based charity based in British Columbia and is a registered BC Society. AFCIF is a registered charity in Canada (860891761 RR 0001) and a registered Society in the province of British Columbia (XS-0059826). Since 2011, AFCIF has had a primary purpose of delivering the annual Artists for Conservation Festival within the province of BC, and for the benefit of BC residents. Learn more here.
Artists for Conservation Group Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Policy
Artists for Conservation Group (AFC) is committed to creating an environment that is diverse, inclusive, and equitable where all participants, volunteers, members, partners, vendors, and board members are treated with respect and dignity. For the purposes of this statement, diversity refers to race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual identity, familial status, age, disability and socio-economic status; Inclusion is valuing, respecting, and encouraging the full participation of each individual in the life and leadership of the organization; Equity is a process that ensures all people have the opportunity to contribute, develop, and grow despite historical, structural, legislative, racial, and socio-economic inequities. AFC celebrates the rich diversity of the Lower Mainland and indeed all life on the planet. AFCIF does not tolerate discrimination, biases, harassment, or bullying of any kind. Regardless of race, socio-economic status, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, or marital status, we are an organization that celebrates the richness of our community.